Essential oils provide cure for some of the most common health problems. They have a small molecular size and penetrate skin easily, delivering their healing properties to your body. You can also use essential oils as a natural remedy for cold, stress or headache. Some of the oils affect your nervous system, lowering your blood pressure giving you an energy boost.
How to use essential oils:
- For sinus problems, cold, stress and headache use 10 drops of essential oil by inhaling through hot water steam, or diffuser.
- For muscle aches, skin problems, respiratory health, sleep problems and even relaxation you can use the essential oils in bath. Dont forget to mix with a carrier oil like sesame or coconut to ensure that essential oils disperse evenly.
- To relieve muscle tension and feel relaxed, massaging with a concentration of 2.5% or essential oils is a classic.
- You can also use essential oils which can tolerate skin for palm inhalation. It is useful in sinuses and distress.
Buying Essential Oils
It is not easy to spot the fake ones. Use the ring test by putting a single drop of the oil on plain white printer paper. Let the oil dry. If an oily ring is formed, then the oil is fake. The test is not applicable on heavier and darker oils such as patchouli and sandalwood.
Always go for the oils in glass bottles, plastic cant contain the essential oils and they can break it down. On the label, look for the Latin name of the plant.
- Oregano: Up till now you might have the impression that the only use of oregano is to make a delicious pizza. It actually has great antioxidant properties and is a proven antibacterial. It is quite helpful in fighting sinus infections.
- Peppermint: Peppermint serves as a great cooling product on hot summer days. Mix it with a few drops of a carrier oil like coconut oil and apply to your body. It is an old and effective remedy of nausea and stomach issues. Recent research has shown that peppermint is a great remedy for diarrhea, bloating and gas as well.
- German Chamomile: German Chamomile helps regulate the chronic inflammation. It is also quite helpful if you are having an anxiety attack. Breathing a couple of drops of German chamomile will give instant relief.
- Lavender: Having a beautiful and popular scent it is widely used in beauty products. It is perfect for relaxing and using before bed time. Recent research has shown a lot of health benefits of lavender. In a recent research by the New York University doctors, some patients undergoing gastric bypass surgery were exposed to lavender oil through their anesthesiology face masks. Those patients breathing lavender during the surgery required much less morphine after surgery!
- Jasmine: Jasmine has a beautiful scent and a warm fuzzy feel. It is a known aphrodisiac. It is used to treat some sexual disorders, also fades dark spots and scars, fights depression and acts as a disinfectant.
- Eucalyptus: Eucalyptus is a natural decongestant. It soothes respiratory problems. If you add a few drops of Eucalyptus oil to your humidifiers reservoir, germs will stay away and you will breathe easy.
- Tea Tree Oil: You should use Tea tree oil instead of hydrogen peroxide. It has proven anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties. It should be mixed with a carrier oil like coconut oil to treat cuts, bug bites, fungal infections and acne.
Thanks to: healthy-holistic-living.com